Friday, March 25, 2011

Memory Gardening


Some unkown person once said," If I had a flower for each time I thought of my Mother, I could walk in my garden forever."

 Maybe getting older has made me more sentimental, but every time I walk around my garden, I find myself stopping and smiling in front of a flower and in my mind, a memory of a love one comes to me.

  Aunt Violet always loved the way I tried to color coordinate my flowers, Aunt Roxie always thought my four o'clocks were amazing for having been moved from a garden in Ormond Beach and transplanted here.  Mother always loved tulips and felt like Roses were the flower that must have been planted just for her. My dear Aunt Velma felt like lilies were the flower everyone should plant.

If I could have a memory garden to befit these wonderful, loving women that I had in my life, I would be able to write my readers a blog everyday because the tour of this garden would take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment