Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Set The Eggtimer!!!!

Get The Egg Timer

Get me the egg timer!" The shouting of these words means it's time to clean. Children, animals and friends run to escape the madness of "Cleaning Woman." I have loaded my cloth bag with all the cleaning supplies I will need and set the egg timer for twenty minutes. First, the bathroom because I dread it the most. I open the shower, spray with my tile cleaner or vinegar and water, spray the tub, sink and commode and let it all sit as I move to the kitchen. I spray the oven, put a garbage bag next to the refrigerator and the egg timer goes off. I stop and relax for 15 minutes.

After my brief rest, I set the egg timer for 30 minutes and go back to the bathroom and wipe everything down. Mop over the floor as I pick up the throw rugs to toss them into the washer. I use dish washing soap on a rag to wash the mirrors and windows in the bathroom and then dry them with a paper towel...Perfect every time! The bathroom is starting to look great but what is taking that timer so long?

I move on to the kitchen, open the refrigerator and start tossing everything that needs to go. I empty the dishes and put them into the sink or  dishwasher and start wiping the refrigerator out. What has happened to the timer? I start to take the racks out of the refrigerator and the wonderful sound of the timer bell rings. I stop.

As you can tell by now, I try to make my cleaning into a game. I play against the timer and that makes cleaning more interesting. I set the timer for 30 minutes and when it goes off I rest for 15 minutes. I can do my house with an hour off for lunch in 7 to 8 hours and that is from ceiling fan, windows, carpets, clean linens and everything that needs to be done. It's a hard 8 hours but more rewarding than working outside the same 8 hours because it is for me and my family.

One more note. Do the jobs you hate the most first, toss everything you haven't used for awhile and fill a basket with future garage sale wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment